Is Kamala Harris Ready?

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

Who else? For some unknown reason, several political writers and some Democrats are unsure about the likely nomination of Kamala Harris now that President Biden has ended his campaign.

I feel this way. Ms. Harris is more than qualified and has been prepared to replace the President for three-and-one-half years. That’s the way the system is meant to work.

Kamala Harris is the choice. With just over three months until election day, no other Democrat is prepared to replace Mr. Biden other than the Vice-President.

THE POSITIVE SIDE

There are some very positive points in favor of Ms. Harris.

She can run on the accomplishments of the Biden Administration. She has been part of everything since January 20, 2021. The President’s achievements are her achievements.

Her age is of great importance. She will be 60 about a week before the election. All the jokes have been about Mr. Biden’s age. They are gone.

I believe America is ready for a woman president. It seems like everyone is willing to vote for anyone other than an old, white man. It’s way past time that America has an opportunity to experience the leadership of a woman.

I enjoy the fact that her ethnicity is Black/Asian. Unlike Trump, I believe that diversity is our nation’s greatest attribute.

I believe the best thing Kamala Harris will bring to the election is excitement. Over the last year the 2024 election was of little interest to the average American. I have great respect for the President. He has accomplished more than any president since Bill Clinton. However, I have followed Kamala Harris for several years, and it’s her time.

THE ONLY TACTIC REPUBLICANS CAN USE

I am waiting to see what smear tactics Republicans ill make up to attack Ms. Harris. They cannot discuss the issues, neither Trump nor Vance know anything about what is happening in America.

If I know Trump like I think I do, his first volley of insults will consist of sexist remarks. He has no respect for women. For DJT women have only one purpose. He revealed himself with affairs in all three marriages, and the fact that he partied with Jeffrey Epstein. We know from experience that some women may be too old for the orange buffoon, but none are too young.

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY MUST UNITE BEHIND MS. HARRIS

The answer to the question I know you are asking is, “can she beat Trump?” I have no doubt she will be our nation’s 47th president if nominated. However, it’s critical that the Democratic Party is united in support of Kamala Harris.

I know she will work hard, the time is short.

I like the sound of “President Harris,” and even more the sound of “Madam President.”

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon

Sources: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/20/kamala-harris-biden-bio-america-ready/74471651007/

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-trump-election-07-21-24/index.html

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch