“Facts” Can be Twisted, but Common Sense Cannot

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

It’s happened to everyone, more than once. A situation, a conversation, maybe a pitch by a salesman. All we knew was “something didn’t seem right.”

I learned that sometimes common sense must take precedence over everything else, or suffer the consequences.

One of the reasons why anyone ignores facts, probably responding, “I don’t believe that,” is because common sense has become uncommon in 2024.

GUILTY, GUILTY, AND GUILTY

Communication in the 21st century is instant and often infused with facts, undeniable facts. However, millions of Americans have lost their ability to accept reality.

In a court of law, facts can be twisted. The same is true with “news” broadcasts and podcasts. To gain an individual’s confidence, tell them what they want to hear. Just ask any professional politician.

As a writer, my philosophy has always remained the same. When I am presented with a story, I neither believe nor disbelieve its veracity. I look at the facts, but even then, I look for a second and even a third source. If the facts match, I am ready to make a decision. As I re-read the information, there are occasions when something ‘still doesn’t feel right.’ I listen to that: my common sense is sending up a flag. Eventually I find the one thing which does not ring true. That is literally the end of the story.

This is not the situation with Trump, his crimes, and the fact he is a pathological liar confirm that he is undeniably guilty on all counts. This is also how I feel about his fascist-leaning supporters. My wife and I watched all three disgusting hours of the failed coup on January 6, 2021. This will forever be the darkest day in American history.

THE LIST OF NAMES WHO SUPPORT TRUMP’S EFFORTS TO OVERTHROW OUR NATION CONTINUES TO GROW

It is no secret, and there is no doubt that Donald Trump is an enemy of the state. He has followed Adolf Hitler’s playbook from 1930’s Germany perfectly. Recently, we learned that when married to his first wife, Ivana, he would read Hitler’s speeches before going to sleep. Trump openly admires dictators and despots, and professes his hatred for our democratic process and the leaders who profess their love for the country of our Founding Fathers.

He knows that the 2020 election was the “most secure and fair election in history,” as reported by his own Election Czar, but continues to lie about the facts with the intent of maintaining control over his cult. He knows because he told us in 2016 that the “election was rigged.” However, he didn’t tell us it was rigged for him.

We all know that Trump could not have succeeded with his destructive agenda without the support of his “MAGA Republicans,” more accurately known as another faction of the former Republican Party, “The American Fascist Party.”

Support has come from all 42 members of the House Freedom Caucus, from multiple right-win Senators, and now from the Supreme Court. Facts prove that a large number of our elected and appointed officials are in collusion with Trump’s ambition to become America’s Fuhrer.

It was a blow to my hope for America’s future when the Supreme Court became openly politicized in 2020. It pains me even more to know that at least two members of our nation’s highest Court renounced their loyalty to the people of the United States, tossed aside their oath of office, and surrendered their morals and self-respect to worship at the feet of our nation’s confirmed worst president.

Clarence Thomas has always been a controversial figure. However, the January 6 insurrection revealed where his loyalty lies. He and his wife, Ginny, are members of Trump’s cult.

Just recently Samuel Alito used the American flag to reveal to the world that his fealty belongs to “Big Adolf.” At his primary residence and a beach house, Alito flew the flag upside down, which has become a symbol for Trump’s big lie, “stop the steal.”

FINALLY, TWO FACTS NO ONE ELSE WILL TELL YOU

First, our country is far more divided at every level than anyone could have imagined

Second, the Second Civil War is underway. Currently, it is being fought with words, but after the November election, it is extremely possible that it will become bloody. Trump and his fascist army, Neo-Nazi organizations, already stated that they will not accept the results of the 2024 election unless Trump is declared the winner. Members of our government, loyal to the orange buffoon, repeated this promise to their Fuhrer.

I will never surrender my principles, my dignity, my love for my country, or my rights as a patriotic American.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Please tell everyone about my blog: “TheWiseOldFart,” because the truth lives here

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada