I Demand NFL Officials Wear Clown Costumes Instead of Zebra Stripes

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

 

I watched a lot of NFL football this weekend. I am positive that the league officials I watched refused to go to the NFL sponsored school and instead attended clown college. Overall they were inept and on occasion altered the outcome of a few games.

I doubt that most football fans realize that there are no “professional” referees in the NFL. All of them have full-time jobs. Officiating is a “second job” for all of them. They are not trained or held accountable as are the officials in Major League Baseball or the NBA.

I have seen playoff games and even Super Bowls lost or won because of the decision of officials who were not watching the same game I was. This is not just wrong, it’s criminal.

Roger Goodell’s team cannot be criticized without receiving serious punishment.

I began complaining about NFL officials after watching a New England Patriot’s game years ago. What I saw was very upsetting, and why I no longer make bets on NFL games, although I live in Northern Nevada. Tom Brady was obviously in full control of decisions made by the officials. On one occasion after an opposing player made contact with him as the pass was released, Brady turned and looked at a nearby official, and a late, unfair call of “roughing the passer” was made. I witnessed similar situations in future games. I understood what happened later when I learned that Patriot’s owner Robert Kraft was a close friend of Commissioner Roger Goodell. Kraft was also responsible for leading the effort to increase Goodell’s bloated salary.

Today I trust no one in power. This is just one example.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my nine novels on Amazon’s Kindle

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch