2020 and 2024; Two Historical Elections and Possibly the Last

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

 

Trump’s disgusting and destructive four years attempting to destroy democracy resulted in a record and historical voter turnout in 2020. It is an irrefutable fact that voters were more concerned with removing Trump from the White House than supporting Joe Biden. However, I am as surprised as anyone that Mr. Biden has been a very good leader, the opposite of his predecessor.

The next presidential election is just over 11 months away. If the nominees are Trump and Biden, I predict another historical election. 2024 will have the lowest voter turnout in modern history, and because the number of voters will minimal, Trump will become our nation's first fascist dictator. Nobody should be forced to chose between two men who are 78 and 81 years old when the average age of our nation is 38.2 years. I will be 78 next July, and if forced to make a choice between these two old men, I would vote for the octogenarian, although I would not be happy. Physically, and mentally, Trump is much older than the President.

This is just another example of how bad the two parties leading our nation in Washington are today. Corruption and incompetence describe the 545 men and women in the three branches of our government.

I will vote, and the reason is simple: I want to save my country from the fascist, extremist right. If Trump becomes our 47th president, our nation is over. The Constitution will be shredded and only the all-white majority will experience a decent quality of life. The plutocrats will continue to control everything which happens in our country. We will soon be in another war, most likely the third and final World War, where nuclear weapons will end humanity as we knew it.

The truth is that in the 21st century, America has moved backwards while the rest of all developed nations are moving forward. Our path is not dissimilar to 1930’s Germany. Fascists sit in our legislature and the Supreme Court, and between 2017 and 2021 we suffered through the illegitimate presidency of the leader of today’s Neo-Nazi movement.

Months ago I predicted that neither man would be on the ballot on November 5, 2024. I hope I was right then and I pray I am right today.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Enjoy my nine novels on Amazon’s free Kindle App

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada