Males, Power, Greed, Corruption, Treason

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

 

I will continue to write stories about what is wrong with America in the 21st century. The list is not getting shorter, it grows every day. Our government is the most incompetent and corrupt in the world. The fourth estate no longer exists thanks to fake television news and social media. The Christian Religious Right controls one entire political party. These are just a few of the many failures and dangers to the existence of the United States in 2023.

In America amassing great power and wealth is considered admirable and envied by millions. However, nothing is more destructive to positive accomplishments than the male ego combined with great wealth and great power. In the 21st century everyone who possesses great power has become corrupt and cannot be trusted.

Let’s begin at the lowest level composed primarily of men who have control over our lives: family members, local law enforcement, city governments, teachers, and religious leaders.

Over our first 9-10 years of life, most of what we learn comes from our family. If we are lucky, our parents and extended family are wise and encourage us to explore everything life offers, learn as much as possible about those interests, and exercise free thought to ask questions and form opinions based on a multitude of responses. However, if those closest to us have strong opinions, and attempt to force their beliefs on young minds, free thought is pushed aside and we become brainwashed at an early age.

Over the next few years, as our young men and women attend middle and high school, other influences become equally important, and can be positive or negative. Confusion is normal. More questions arise every day.

I was 16, a junior in high school in 1962, when I understood the importance of free thought based on new information given to me by a couple of my teachers. My mother allowed me to leave Catholic high school after my sophomore year. I consider that first year at Venice High School the year I began to learn about myself and the world around me.

My U.S. History Teacher, Mr. Simon, gets most of the credit and all of my gratitude. On the first day he explained how we would be graded. We had to learn all of the information contained in the book we were given, but if we received an “A” on every test, we would not receive an “A” on our report card unless we participated in class discussions. On the wall, next to the door, would be a thought or question. It was mandatory that we express our thoughts pertaining to what was written on that wall every day. This was difficult for me, I was very shy. However, I somehow found the courage to participate and received an “A” on the final report card.

This seemingly small class requirement was instrumental in Mr. Simon and his students accomplishing a shared goal: learning to think. This has continued today. I like to read and I read a lot. Therefore, I learn something new every day, and that inspires me to write.

However, free thought has changed me over 77 years. I no longer trust anyone with power over me. This includes the fake journalists on television attempting to control my thoughts, religious leaders, any politician or politically motivated individual, law enforcement, and our military leaders because they are politically motivated. Remember, several former and current members of our military and law enforcement participated in the January 6, 2021 failed coup, led by Neo-Nazis, and a traitorous sitting president.

It is a fact that most of those who share the goal of overturning democracy in America are men. Women like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert are nothing more than loudmouthed and ignorant followers. They share their failed leader’s negative qualities including enormous egos, racism, bigotry, misogyny, arrogance, anger, hatred, and a belief that violence is the answer to all their perceived problems.

I believe that the Chinese philosophy related to “yin” and “yang” apply to us all. There must be a balance between our male and female personas. If we achieve that balance, we will possess all of the best qualities of human beings.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my nine novels on Amazon’s Kindle

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch