Nevada’s Fake Republicans Prove Themselves More Ignorant than the Rest


 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

I have lived in Nevada since 1986. I love this state as much as I loved the state of California where I was raised. I am a lucky man who has only lived in three of the greatest cities in America: Los Angeles, San Diego, and Reno.

There have been many changes in Northern Nevada over the 38 years I have lived in the Silver State. One which confuses me the most involves Republican politicians, and Nevada’s voters. I am beginning to doubt the intelligence of our state’s politicians and those who elect them.

Like many situations involving the worst man in the world, this year Nevada is making news with another first, and not in a good way. To explain why our state has a Republican primary on February 6, and a Republican caucus on February 8, I take you back to some voting history in what is a called a “purple state.”

As an Independent, I was pleased when our state’s people chose Brian Sandoval, a Republican, to serve as our state’s Governor in 2011. In my estimation, he was the best leader we had in our state’s history. After serving two terms he left office, and is now the President of the University of Nevada Reno.

He was succeeded by a Democrat, Steve Sisolak, in 2019. He served the state well, and his decisions during Trump’s deadly pandemic saved jobs and businesses throughout the state. However, in 2022, MAGA Republicans managed to replace him with a former sheriff with no experience in governing anything, anywhere, Joe Lombardo.

Joe Lombardo is loyal to Trump, and is the primary reason the Republican Party is so “screwed up” in Nevada today. It is Lombardo who allowed the current situation.

Nevada sends 26 delegates to the Republican National Convention in July. Lombardo wants to ensure that all 26 votes go to Trump.

Here’s the trick he used to prevent Nikki Haley from receiving any delegates from our state.

If your name is on the ballot for Tuesday’s primary, it cannot be on the ballot for Thursday’s caucus. Trump’s name is not listed on the primary ballot, Ms. Haley’s is.

This is especially sad for me. In 2016 and again in 2020, Nevada was a “blue state.” Our electoral votes went to Hillary Clinton on November 8, 2016, and to Joe Biden on November 3, 2020. I hope and pray that on November 5th of this year the people of the Silver State will once again reject the man who hates America for everything it stands for, Donald John Trump.

The results of the caucus will undoubtedly select Trump and will supersede the primary. I can only hope that in November the people of the state of Nevada will give victory to whoever opposes Trump, and rid our nation of its greatest traitor once and for all.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Enjoy my nine novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app, and please tell others about my blog: “the truth lives here.”

Source: https://www.vox.com/2024/2/2/24057477/nevada-caucus-primary-trump-haley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch