I Never “Hate,” But that has Changed Over the Last Nine Years


 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

I spent 68 years of my life rejecting negative emotions including anger and hatred. However, over the last nine years Trump and his fascist party have changed me in a manner I do not like. I hate him and many of his party with all the anger they have forced me to experience.

If you read me regularly, you know that I am an original “baby boomer,” born in 1946. Therefore, it will not surprise you that I have been a strong patriot for most of my life. In elementary school we recited the Pledge of Allegiance every day at the start of classes. At sporting events I sang the Nation Anthem with pride. However, as Trump and his cult continue to destroy our country, bit by bit, I now have a list of names who bring out the rage which must always have been in the darkest area of my psyche.

At the top is the worst man in the world, Donald John Trump. In just four years he destroyed most of the progress made by his 44 predecessors. When he committed treason on January 6, 2021, forever known as “the darkest day in American history,” there were moments when I wished for him unspeakable pain and destruction. He never was my president, and never would be. Only an American should be allowed to apply for the most powerful job in the world.

Second place was difficult, but Moscow Mitch McConnell’s more than 40 years have been spent advancing his failed party, and ignoring the needs and wishes of the American people. He is a coward and a hypocrite. He was the leader of the “anyone but Trump club” until his inauguration on January 20, 2017. When he broke his own rule and ramrodded the confirmation of Amy Coney Barret in October of 2020, he angered me in ways I formerly believed possible.

Ted Cruz is third but could have been second on my list. His lies, arrogance, and choice to partner in Trump’s division of our nation is unconscionable. In 2013, his first year in office, he had a single goal; shut down our government. He will forever remain the greatest embarrassment to himself and our country. Although Trump criticized Cruz’ wife for her appearance, and accused his father of aiding Lee Harvey Oswald in the assassination of President John Kennedy, Cruz turned 180 degrees and became an adamant supporter of our nation’s first wannabe dictator. Lindsey Graham, who also displayed his love of hypocrisy, bowing to the man he once despised, once said this about Cruz: “If someone were to shoot Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, no one would convict him.”

I will not place the rest in numerical order, but you know them well for their anti-American beliefs, prejudices, and their refusal to perform the jobs for which they were elected. These are the names of Trump’s lackies: Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Chuck Grassley, Tommy Tuberville, Greg Abbott, Ron DeSantis, Ron Johnson, and many others, but I’ll keep the list short.

All of these men and women are unfit for any political office for a single reason: they hate our country and what it stands for, and cannot call themselves Americans. These hate-filled individuals support the Second Amendment, but would shred the First Amendment which our Founding Fathers believed to be the most important part of the Constitution.

This story is about how our government has become both the most incompetent and corrupt in the free world.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

Please tell everyone about TheWiseOldFart because THE TRUTH LIVES HERE

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch