Florida is Building a New Tourist Site: Germany in the 1930’s

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart 

Wannabe Fuhrer Ron DeSantis is at it again. His attempt to turn Florida into a fascist haven for men and women who hate America has been given more tools to accomplish the destruction of one of our nation’s most popular tourist destinations for people from around the world.  

DeSantis’ Florida would be pure white, “Christian,” and only heterosexuals would be allowed to cross its borders. The governor of Florida has become one of the images we see when faced with the title of “Republican.” 

DeSantis latest actions involve two additional weapons for his state’s Gestapo. 

HB 601 will weaken the power of oversight boards, giving additional powers to all law enforcement agencies. 

SB 184 sets a 25-foot "no-go" zone around police and first responders who are "engaged in the lawful performance of a legal duty." 

This law will prevent the free press and these same oversight agencies from observing the process at any designated crime scene. 

Several Red States Already Demand “Papers” When an Individual Might Be an Illegal Immigrant 

I have always believed that DeSantis and Trump are twins separated at birth. They share limited intelligence, huge egos, and a dangerous need to feel relevant in their own little and insignificant worlds. Both hate all immigrants who are not from pure white countries. 

Both white men support the creation of a fascist regime, ending the promises and guarantees of the Bill of Rights.  

Republican Voters Select Men and Women who Hate our Country and Reject True Americans 

The truth is clear. Responsibility for the demise of human rights and freedom in America lies on the shoulders of ignorant voters. Men and women who hate my America tell them what they want to hear, and make promises they never intend to keep.  

If you doubt that our country is involved in a Second Civil War, you need to read the facts reported by independent journalists and political writers. We have no reason to lie to you. We are not wealthy, and most importantly have only a single goal: to save the nation of our Founding Fathers for our grandchildren and great grandchildren. 

Until January 20, 2017, there was hope for our country’s future. Today, I’m not so sure. 

My America 

I turned 21 in 1967. The first general election in which I could vote was in 1968. I was eager to vote for Robert Kennedy, having become interested in politics since 1956 when I was just 10 years old 

I had just entered high school in 1960 when John Fitzgerald Kennedy became our nation’s 35th President. He inspired me and nearly every young American with his gift of speech, his humor, and eventually his courage. 

However, he was murdered on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas, and for a while the dream died. The last thing my graduating class did in 1964 was to place a bronze bust of President Kennedy in our senior court. 

My First Choice for the Presidency Suffered the Same Fate as his Brother 

The only word I can think of to express how I felt when Robert Kennedy was shot and killed in the summer of 1968 was “depression.” I could finally vote, but the man I supported was murdered by a coward by the name of Sirhan, Sirhan. 

I knew I would never be a member of any political party. I believe that voting for anyone simply because they are running for office under the banner of a single political organization is moronic. Every voter should always cast their ballot for the woman or man who supports most of his or her needs and wishes. And that person must be a patriotic American. 

I will not reveal my final choice, but I can tell you that I remain proud of my selection. He worked hard for our nation, with many positive accomplishments to his name. 

Every Election is Critical to America’s Future 

President Biden is America’s 46th President. 45 men have taken the oath of office, one, twice, but not consecutively, Grover Cleveland. He was both our 22nd and 24th president. 

History proves that the majority of our nation’s leaders in all three branches were adequate at best, especially those who ascended to the presidency.  

A handful of our presidents could be considered great, and a similar number can fairly be labeled as horrible and destructive. In between are about 36 individuals, all white men with the exception of Barack Obama, who are mixed as “good,” “bad,” and basically ineffective. 

Therefore, it is fair to say that our few “great” leaders,” and the small number who harmed our nation, had the greatest effect on America’s future.  

Now remember, the people elected each of them. We have never had a “king” or an autocrat, at least not yet. 

Recently Presidential Historians declared Donald Trump the worst president in history. For all the reasons available to me, I agree 100 percent. I will not reveal my other selections at this time.  

However, I will tell you that neither Donald Trump nor Ron DeSantis should ever defile our White House. That is, unless you would enjoy living in Germany in the 1930’s. 

Your vote is important. If the Electoral College did not exist, you and I would choose our nation’s leader. Unfortunately, we have red and blue states because it is currently the right of states to choose a president. However, you can help the real Americans in your state choose the best man or woman available on November 5th. 

Make voting priority number one and vote Independently. 

Op-ed by James Turnage 

Find my novels on Amazon’s Kindle 

Please follow my blog; “TheWiseOldFart” 

Source: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/4/14/2232600/-GOP-Florida-Governor-Ron-DeSantis-Signs-Two-Bills-Increasing-Police-Powers?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=latest_community&pm_medium=web  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada