Did Kamala Harris Finally Unite Democrats?

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

I do not like political parties, they are an obstacle to democracy and freedom of thought. Voters who profess their loyalty to Democrats or Republicans are wasting their votes. If you vote for any candidate for the sole reason that they have an “R” or a “D” next to their name, you are choosing to be ignorant.

I have been an Independent since the first year in which I could vote, 1968.

I admit that most of the time prior to 2000, I voted for more Democrats than Republicans. However, beginning in 2000, I have never found anyone claiming to be a Republican worthy of my vote at the federal level.

However, I have always had one complaint about Democrats: a lack of unity when it is needed.

“I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.” Will Rogers

MY HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Just 30 years ago, if a presidential candidate had engaged in extramarital relations, or simply divorce and remarried, he might as well have resigned from his campaign. Morals were high, unlike today. For the last three presidential elections, Republicans nominated an obese, old man who was married three times, had extramarital affairs during all three marriages, and admitted that he was a sexual predator. This proves that Republicans have never been the “party of family values.”

Just as odd, is what happened today, August 6, 20204. Kamala Harris announced her running mate, Governor Tim Walz of Minnesota. Immediately, Democratic leaders announced their support for their 2024 presidential nominee and her choice for Vice-President. Yes, Democrats are finally united.

HAS KAMALA HARRIS CHANGED DEMOCRATS?

I almost always found Democrats boring. Most of the time boring is good. They were taking care of the issues most important to the American people, something the other side of the aisle has failed to do for more than 45 years.

However, Kamala Harris has changed her party. The last time I felt this energy was in 2008 when a young, Black Senator brought Democrats to their feet time and time again. Ms. Harris has a similar charisma, and this should scare the hell out of the fake Republicans who continue to worship a failing, obese, old man.

I know what you’re asking: “can she carry this momentum through November.” The answer is simple: hell yes.

I want to be a part of history, and I want to have a reason to never write or speak the name, “Donald Trump” again.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s Kindle

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/06/harris-running-mate-walz-democrats-vp.html

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch