Most Expensive Healthcare in the World


 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

Hospital, more than $26,000. Ride in a Fire Department ambulance, eight miles, more than $2,200.00. This was my bill for three-and-a-half days of medical care in Northern Nevada.

My wife will be 74 this year; I am 78. Our only income is from Social Security. We pay our bills, and with about a 40 percent increase in our grocery bill, and a 60 percent increase in our gas and electric bill, we have nothing left at the end of each month.

We paid into Social Security and Medicare for all of our working years, about 40 for each of us. We have not been able to pay for Medicare part B, and also pay our house payment. Why we should have to pay for anything after four decades of paying into the program, I will never understand. The United States is the only Country in the developed world without universal healthcare.

Of course, I had some tests, but most of the time I was bedridden, never offered as much as a glass of water, only ice chips, and served food I would have never considered giving to a stray dog.

The doctors and nurses were terrific, but what was offered to me from the hospital administration was minimal. Once again, profit before people.

After some payment from Medicare Part A, because I was admitted, We will be paying for those three-and-a-half days until I die. If I become deathly sick again, that’s just what I’ll have to do: die.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s Kindle free app

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch