Am I Excited About Tonight’s Debate? Why Would I Be?

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

If you watched the “debates” between Hillary Clinton and Trump, or between Joe Biden and Trump, why would you be looking forward to tonight, 9/10/24, and the “debate” between Kamala Harris and Trump?

Trump either doesn’t understand the meaning of what a debate is intended to be, or he doesn’t care. I vote for the former. In 2016, 2020, and in 2024, any “debate” in which the orange buffoon participated was a farce.

The intent is to learn the position of each candidate on the important issues. Every time Trump opens his piehole, it is clear that his diploma from Wharton is undeserved. Daddy Fred most certainly paid for the sheepskin his son never earned. This is why in 2017 Trump ordered all of his transcripts from any institute of education to be sealed. Therefore, he lacks the ability to speak with the knowledge and experience needed to discuss any subject. I am still not convinced that he has the ability to read.

I trust no man who has never read a book.

Trump’s efforts are focused on attacking his opponent with lies. His inferiority demands a single effort. He is an illiterate and ignorant man who knows nothing about anything. His refusal to read critical material, even when he was defiling our White House, in itself is a threat to our nation’s future.

I REMEMBER THE LAST LEGITIMATE DEBATE

Not since 2008, when Barack Obama and John McCain stood before the cameras and answered the questions they were asked, has there been a true presidential debate. I had great respect for both men, and listened carefully to their answers. Although I was a supporter of Mr. Obama, I greatly admired Senator McCain. To this day I am doubtful that the outcome of the 2008 election would have been the same had McCain not chosen Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Although I believed that Obama’s position on the issues were more aligned with my own, I admired McCain’s beliefs and his obvious patriotism. I am sad to say that I cannot say anything similar about Trump.

I KNOW WHAT MANY OF YOU ARE THINKING

I cannot deny that this article is another tale of how evil Trump is and what a danger he is to our nation’s future. Anyone who does not recognize that fact is clearly uninformed or in deep denial.

I don’t know what to expect tonight other than the fact that there will be no legitimate debate. Trump will have been coached and told what to say, but at some point during the 90-minute event he will once again go off script and slip into attack mode and possibly another fit of rage. His face will change from orange to red and the real Donald Trump will be in full view for all to see.

Because she has a superior level of intelligence, I doubt that Vice-President Kamala Harris will play Trump’s game. Her experience in court, in the Senate, and before the American people will keep her on topic.

My only fear is that the moderators will be as incompetent as Jake Tapper and Dana Bash in the most recent debate between Trump and President Biden. They allowed Trump to avoid answering direct questions, although they were fully aware that he has no answers.

WILL WE WATCH THE DEBATE?

My wife and I will watch the debate. However, the question is, “will we watch the entire broadcast?” I’m not sure.

I turned off the last “debate” after the first 20 minutes. It was obvious that the President was not feeling well. More importantly, Tapper and Bash were unqualified to host the event.

The question remains, “will this evening change the minds of America’s voters?” I doubt it. Most of the viewers will be watching to see how well their chosen candidates perform. Undecided voters seldom take the time to learn the facts.

After being forced to listen to Trump for the last nine years, no one is realistically “undecided.” Those who respond to the polls and make this claim simply prefer keeping their choice to themselves.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-harris-debate-rules-2024/

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch