What an Ass-Kicking: Trump is Going to Need a Therapeutic “Donut” on the Flight Home

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

In my 78 years, I have witnessed multiple instances when one person figuratively destroyed another with words, but few were close to what I saw on Tuesday, September, 10, 2024 during what was called a “presidential debate.”

I watched John Fitzgerald win an election as he debated Richard Nixon. Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton displayed a high level of intelligence and verbal talent when debating George H.W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Donald Trump in their contests with superior intelligence and wit.

However, I must admit that I was mesmerized by Kamala Harris Tuesday evening. This was an old fashioned “beat down.”

NO SURPRISE HERE: TRUMP SUPPORTERS BLAME MODERATORS FOR A COMPLETE FAILURE BY THEIR DEMAGOGUE

The debate was hosted by ABC, with moderators David Muir and Linsey Davis. After Trump was crushed by Vice-President Harris, his supporters desperately searched for excuses.

When their efforts failed, they turned to Muir and Davis. What did they do which might have revealed favoritism to Ms. Harris? Nothing.

Trump consistently stole time which did not belong to him, repeating the same baseless attacks over and over again. Muir and Davis were patient. However, after offering “alternative facts” multiple times, Mr. Muir fact checked Trump’s responses and exposed his blatant lies. Trump’s face changed from orange to stark white. No one had ever dared to expose his lies in the past.

USING HIS OWN WORDS TO REVEAL INCOMPETENCE

When Trump attempted to avoid answering questions with lies, Harris used his own words to destroy him.

Over the last nine years Trump wrote Project 2025. He constantly denied having read the 922 pages. That is most likely the truth. However, his supporters used his own words to compose the document. Without exaggeration, it is a fascist manifesto which would have made Hitler proud.

Trump, with help from his paid liar, Kellyanne Conway, created the phrase “alternative facts.” I’m sorry to inform the two traitors to my country, but lies are lies.

Every attempted attack from Trump was a baseless lie. By repeating those attacks over and over again, he confirmed this fact. He had nothing to offer in defense of Kamala Harris’ counterattacks.

I HAVE LITTLE FAITH IN DEBATES

I doubt that Kamala Harris’ performance influenced any of Trump’s “basement dwellers.” Most viewers were adamant supporters of one of the candidates. However, the Vice-President solidified her supporters, giving them reasons to celebrate their party’s leader, and work even harder for a victory on November 5th.

I don’t believe that there are any “undecided voters” in America. This is the information age, and everything voters need to know, including misinformation, is available on multiple outlets. I do believe that some voters who might have been leaning towards Trump and his lies have moved closer to choosing Ms. Harris.

A CLOSE ELECTION?

I don’t know if any of the polls have an iota of accuracy. For me, they mean nothing. The techniques used to conduct polls in the 21st century are the same used over the last four decades. They are destined to fail.

The percentage of American homes which contain landlines is approximately 27 percent, and most of these homes are occupied by senior citizens.

I do not believe that I am unusual in the fact that I have hundreds of blocked calls buried somewhere inside my cell phone. If I receive a call from a number I do not know, I decline to answer it. If the caller fails to leave a voicemail message, I block it. I do not participate in surveys or political polling.

My attitude is, “let’s pretend that Trump is leading in every poll.” Therefore, we must work harder to convince voters that Kamala Harris is what our nation needs now. She will be a strong leader who will move our country forward into a positive and successful future.

For four years Trump and his party focused on moving America backwards into the dark days of the mid-twentieth century.

I am required to admit that I became a Kamala Harris supporter in 2020. I hoped she would win the Democratic nomination and become our first woman president.

Last night, anyone with average intelligence and the ability to think independently saw the Kamala Harris I supported then and now.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch