Making History: Another First for the Right-Wing and I’m Still Shaking my Head

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

Since 2015 the former Republican Party has been making history. The mainstream media reports these situations and events as “firsts,” making them sensible and acceptable. What makes them historical is how they violate the Constitution, or societal norms which have existed for nearly 248 years. Some of them are so severe they have become felonies.

The mainstream media is doing more harm to the American people by telling “half-truths” than blatant falsehoods. Trump should be called what he is: a racist, a bigot, a lifetime criminal, a sexual predator, a traitor, a malignant narcissist, and an immature and needy old fool. The mainstream media refers to Trump as “unusual,” “different,” and occasionally “uncommon,” but never what he is. What are they afraid of? Are the afraid that the voting public will know the truth about Trump and his party? That would not be the “American way.”

I know I’m old, and I don’t enjoy what has happened to my body, but I love my wife, my daughter and her family who live across the United States, my dog, the few relatives that remain, and I enjoy much of my life. Besides, there is only one alternative, and I’m not quite ready. Because I’m old, I have witnessed many changes in my country, most of them not so great.

WHAT SADDENS ME THE MOST IS WHAT I CALL THE “END OF COMMON SENSE.”

Principles and morals were of great importance when I was a young man. People who earned the trust of others were commonplace and deserved our respect.

I was patriotic. I still am. I love my country because America is composed of diverse and fascinating people, all with the same ultimate hopes and dreams. However, I no longer respect our leaders in Washington. The truth is, I no longer trust anyone in a position of power. If I can’t trust someone, they do not deserve my respect.

COMMON SENSE AND HOLDING OUR LEADERS TO HIGHER STANDARDS

My generation could not vote until we were 21 years old. The first general election when I could use my First Amendment right was in 1968.

Although they may have been a little extreme, they were attached to the moral standards of the times. Any man who had been divorced, or had violated his marriage vows by having intimate relations with a woman not his wife, or if he was simply unwed, was a pariah, and could never win the presidency.

It goes without saying that anyone who had been convicted of a felony would be wasting their time seeking any public office. Nearly everyone I knew was religious. I was raised in a Catholic family, but I had friends who practiced other Christian faiths. I became friends with young men and women in high school who were Jewish. I knew a handful of Muslims, and a couple of Buddhists. I believed, but was never positive that I knew a few who were atheists. Therefore, anyone who constantly used language which was considered “foul” or simply “unseemly” was shunned by most. Morality, integrity, and self-respect were expected if you considered yourself either religious or an American.

MY, HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED, AND THAT DISAPPOINTS ME

In 1988, Gary Hart may have become our nation’s President. He was hailed by some as “the next John Kennedy.” The two-term senator from Colorado was handsome, articulate, and his popularity was escalating quickly. I had learned to despise Ronald Reagan, and I hoped Hart would defeat Reagan’s clone, George H.W. Bush.

However, in May of 1988, the Miami Herald reported that Gary Hart was having an affair with a young model by the name of Donna Rice. Shortly afterwards, a photo of the attractive, young woman sitting on Hart’s lap appeared in the newspapers.

Initially, Hart attempted to remain in the race, but public opinion forced him to resign.

PROOF THAT THE “REPUBLICAN PARTY” AND ITS VOTERS, ARE NO LONGER THE PARTY OF FAMILY VALUES: IF THEY EVER WERE

During the 2016 campaign Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump was accused of sexual assault by at least 25 women. Rumors began that he attended parties with Jeffrey Epstein, and a 12-year-old girl accused Trump of sexual assault and physical battery.

When it was confirmed that he had paid an adult film star for sexual favors, Republican voters ignored the story. When it was confirmed that he had extramarital affairs during all three marriages, his popularity with right-wing supporters never faltered. Just weeks before the election, the Access Hollywood tapes were released. In his own words, Trump actually bragged about being a sexual predator.

With help from his close friend, Vladimir Putin, Trump won the Electoral College on November 8th.

IN THE 21ST CENTURY AMERICA HAS BECOME A NATION WITHOUT LAWS OR MORALS

Although he may be in jail or under house arrest, in a few weeks Donald Trump will accept the Republican Party’s nomination for President of the United States for the second time.

Take a moment to think about this carefully. The one-time Party of Lincoln, the Party of Family Values, the same people who want Christianity declared the one true religion in America, will choose a confirmed sexual predator, and convicted felon as their party’s leader. What the f**k?!

One last thought. If Moscow Mitch McConnell had conducted fair trials after Trump’s two impeachments, he would not be running for the presidency today. His second impeachment would surely have resulted in charges of Treason and violating the Espionage Act. However, Trump was declared “above the law.” We know he has no morals or self-respect. His party, and his supporters abandoned their own morals and surrendered to the worst person in the world.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon

Source: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/6/26/2248815/-Who-nominates-a-criminal-for-president?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=latest_community&pm_medium=web

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada