“Freedom from Religion Act”

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

For about 70 years, I didn’t think we needed it. I was pretty sure that the First Amendment protected both religious persecution and freedom from persecution by religious zealots. I guess I was wrong. Therefore, Congress must create and confirm a law which protects me and about 100 million other Americans from the actions of religious leaders and one political party which attempts to force us to comply with their extremist beliefs. It could be called the “Freedom from Religion Act.”

THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

If the Christian Religious Right did not have influence over those who call themselves “Republicans” in Washington, abortion, same sex marriage, and assistance for transgender Americans, and others, would never have become “hot button issues.” They would have remained issues which were personal and not open to public or political discussion.

There are many reasons why the number of Americans who reject all organized religion continues to grow. The most obvious are the rights of women to make decisions about their own mental and physical health, and the infringement of law enforcement and our government on our personal lives in support of religious fanaticism.

WHAT I BELIEVE

 I firmly believe in the first words in the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights. I will fight for the right of any man or woman to freely practice the religion of their choice, whether it is Judaism, Christianity, the Religion of Islam, Buddhism, or any other faith they might choose. However, I demand that my freedom from all religions be protected equally.

I am not sure that I believe in a “God.” However, I adamantly reject attempts by the leaders of all religions who attempt to control the way I choose to live my life. I do not need someone who stands behind a pulpit telling me how to live a more spiritual life, or threaten me with condemnation if I choose not to live by their standards and personal beliefs. I am an American who possesses free thought and free choice. I am not unique. Every human is born with a conscience and the ability to know right from wrong.

FACTS CHIRSTIANS REFUSE TO RECOGNIZE

Christian leaders are the worst. They are extremely judgmental and sanctimonious. They deny the truth. More innocent men, women, and children have been slaughtered and maimed in the name of relation than for any other reason throughout his. I have never experienced any argument containing more anger and hatred than when the subject is religion. And I have never witnessed a greater level of hypocrisy than the actions of men and women who profess their belief in Christianity but ignore the teachings of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

IF YOU ARE A “TRUE BELIEVER,” I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN, BUT IF YOU PROFESS TO BE A CHRISTIAN FOR PERSONAL ADVANTAGE, I SHAME YOU

Most politicians claim to be Christians. Your current, illegitimate president claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ. However, the pastor of a church Trump claims to be his own, has never seen the pathological liar walk into his place of worship once.

I believe that judging others by the company they keep is fair and just. If you are one of many who worship money more than their professed god, if you are racist, a bigot, a white supremacist, and if you refuse to be a compassionate, understanding American who is willing to accept others for the loyalty to their race, ethnicity, and traditions, you are not a Christian or an American.

Diversity is our nation’s greatest treasure.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Follow my blog and be an informed American citizen

My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

In the Most Diverse Nation in the World, DEI is the Right Thing to Do

When a Traitor is Chosen to Lead Your Nation