Anti-Trump Republicans Hold an Anti-Trump/Anti CPAC Protest


 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

Last weekend a Republican event was held in Washington, D.C., attended by hundreds of right-wing politicians and supporters. I’m not referring to the extremist, pro-Trump morons who continue to shout the same angry and hate-filled attacks they did nine years ago. This was held by an anti-Trump group calling it the “Principles First Summit.”

SAVING AMERICA FROM TRUMP AND HIS HATERS

These men and women openly expressed their belief that Trump is a serious threat to democracy in America. They plan to focus on Republican supporters who favor Nikki Haley. Their target audience shares a single belief: “GOP defections will be the single largest factor in the November outcome.”

I agree to a point. However, a recent Gallup poll revealed an all-important fact: 49 percent of all registered voters consider themselves Independents. I view this as a very positive step in American politics. Both major parties have failed the American people. Those who call themselves “Republicans” simply don’t give a damn about you or me. We are not billionaires. Democrats continue to display a lack of courage. They refuse to attack Trump for his lifetime of failures and his treason against the country he was elected to serve.

INDEPENDENTS VOTE FOR THE BEST CANDIDATES, NOT A POLITICAL PARTY

I decided to be an Independent before I could vote. Although I was eligible in 1967, my experience in a general election was in 1968.

I was a senior in high school when JFK was murdered. I strongly supported Bobby Kennedy in 1968. His assassination was devastating for me and millions of others. Not a fan of Hubert Humphrey, I was left with two choices; refuse to vote, or vote for Richard Nixon. I don’t regret my choice. Nixon accomplished more than all other Republicans combined since 1969. I was very disappointed when reelection became more important than continuing his efforts to improve the lives of all Americans.

I MISS THE GOP

I admit that I have one regret today; the number of choices I have running for federal office are limited. I know that the once Grand Old Party is nothing but a memory in 2024. The men and women who call themselves “Republicans” today must be defined by one of two labels, both with the same meaning: MAGA Republicans, or The American Fascist Party.

Between 2017 and 2021 Trump removed many of our freedoms, divided our nation’s people, attempted to overthrow our democratic government, and stole national secrets, all for his own benefit. Our nation’s greatest shame is that he remains a free man, proving that the rich and powerful are above the law.

For reference, 33 percent of voters identify with the Democratic Party and 29 percent claim to be Republicans.

YOU HAVE THE RIHT AND DUTY TO VOTE

All that matters in American elections is voter turnout. The 2020 election was a classic example. The larger the turnout, the greater the number of elected Democrats. In the only vote which should count, the popular vote, President Biden crushed Trump by eight million votes in 2020.

As I did in 2020, I beg everyone to vote; your future depends on the results.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

Source: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/2/26/2225764/--Anti-CPAC-summit-draws-conservatives-together-with-common-goal-Stopping-Trump?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_3&pm_medium=web

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch