Flag Burning in Tennessee?

 



Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

There is no doubt that millions of Republican voters are ignorant, uninformed, and simply “batshit crazy.” Over the last nine years, thanks to Trump and his MAGA Republicans, I have watched the dumbing down of America, and this has become a dangerous situation.

THE CONFEDERACY HAS RISEN FROM THEIR GRAVES

I firmly believe that our country is engaged in a Second Civil War. A situation in Tennessee may offer the ultimate proof about my allegation.

A bill in Tennessee’s fascist, right-wing legislature is being fast tracked. If passed, and it is expected to succeed, it would allow the Confederate flag to be placed in the state’s schools and ban the Pride flag in those same buildings.

Now take a minute to think about this. These ignorant, old white men, who were elected to serve the American people, would place the flag of traitors who sought the overthrow of our government in a position of honor. At the same time, they would ban the flag of innocent people who are demanding equality under the protections guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America. America is a very backwards country.

TRUMP AND HIS PARTY MOVED US IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

This is another situation when I question our nation’s future. There are 37 countries included in the “world of developed nations.” The United States is last or near the bottom in every category, including the quality of life for its people. We are a country which is moving backwards in many ways and this could become the enemy which ends the dream.

If you reside in a red state, you see the darker side of our nation daily. This is very sad because our nation’s diversity is its strength.

I OFTEN WONDERED IF I WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF RAISED IN A RED STATE

I often wonder if I had grown up in states like Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, or any other state controlled by right-wing extremists, if I would think differently today. The answer is “no.” The right I treasure most is free thought and the free speech associated with that right. I read, and I trust. However, when I learn that I have been duped I never forget. I not only learn from my mistakes, I learn about our country from its mistakes. I resent any man or woman who would take us backwards into the days when all prejudices were accepted as valid assumptions.

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE YOUR COUNTRY

On November 5th, we have a choice to move forward or return to the backwards direction favored by the fascist-leaning men and women on the right side of the aisle. It’s your life, and the lives of your grandchildren which are at risk.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

Source: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/2/27/2226159/-Tennessee-GOP-votes-to-keep-Confederate-flags-in-classrooms-but-ban-pride-flags?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_1&pm_medium=web

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch