Sometimes a Name is Just a Name

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

There are several names in America when spoken inspire thoughts about the American flag, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, and a deep feeling of patriotism. Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Kennedy are among these celebrated surnames.

Personally, the name Kennedy has enormous importance and meaning in my life. I was in my first year of high school when John Fitzgerald Kennedy became our nation’s 35th president.

At just 43 years of age, he displayed an extraordinary intellect, with  the ability to inspire younger Americans with eloquent and meaningful speech.

One of the darkest days in my life happened on November 22, 1963 when the great man was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. As a senior in high school, my immediate reaction was a feeling that all hope was lost. President Kennedy gave me feelings I have never had before or since.

SHAMING THE KENNEDY NAME

I find it disgusting that a member of the respected Kennedy family is making an ass of himself today, as he attempts to destroy the best things about our country.

Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. is neither a Democrat nor a Republican. What he is cannot be described without the use of profanity. I find him especially disgusting because the 1968 election was my first opportunity to vote in a general election at the age of 22. I planned to vote for his father. Sadly, for me and the country, he was murdered in the summer and I was prevented from casting my ballot for a man I greatly admired.

I am not alone. The entire Kennedy family made it clear that they would not support their relative.

On Thursday, more than a dozen members of the Kennedy family joined President Biden in Pennsylvania and offered him their endorsement.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF TRUMP AND HIS BUFFOONS

This election is as serious as are the issues facing the American people in the 21st century. RFK Jr., Trump, and his incompetent and uncaring party are attempting to make a farce of our most important right and responsibility.

Between 2017 and 2021 Trump proved that he was and is incapable of leading our nation forwards. He remains the least qualified man to ever seek the highest often in the land. Trump failed to register a single positive accomplishment over four years. In fact, he had the greatest failure of any president in history when he refused to lead our country in its fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. His claim that “it will just go away” resulted in a greater number of lives lost than necessary. Thousands of deaths related to the coronavirus could have been saved if he would have led our nation in a manner required by his position.

I ADMIT THAT I UNDERESTIMATED PRESIDENT BIDEN

I will admit that Joe Biden was not my first choice in 2020. However, I am extremely pleased to report that he has accomplished more than any of his predecessors since Bill Clinton.

Our economy is flourishing, unemployment is low, and our place in the free world has been restored.

Sadly, desperate for votes, right-wing politicians and their propaganda machine, FOX News, are attempting to make age a factor in the 2024 election.

In reality, Trump is much older than President Biden. “Big Adolf” is physically and mentally challenged. Regardless, we will have the oldest two men in history as our choices in November at 81 and 78. Fortunately, President Biden has proven that his capabilities far supersede those of his opponent.

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHOICE IN 2024: ONCE AGAIN REPUBLICANS FAIL TO OFFER A SINGLE, VIABLE CANDIDATE FOR PUBLIC OFFICE

There is only one choice in 2024: President Biden must be allowed to finish his agenda for the American people. We, the voting public, cannot allow Trump an additional four years of moving our nation backwards. America has always been a progressive nation, not a regressive country led by Neo-Nazis and men and women who hate democracy.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Find my novels on Amazon’s Kindle

Please follow my blog: “TheWiseOldFart”

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68848356

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada