If You Live in a Red State, Why?


Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart 

The worst result of the Trump Effect is found in red states. Trump’s extremist policies are so vile and disgusting, right-wing politicians in these states continue to pass laws which are fascist, and diametrically opposed to everything America once stood for.  

Everything from laws allowing voter suppression, placing doctors and women in prison for abortions, radical attacks on the LGBTQ community, and encouraging domestic violence have been passed, or will be in the near future 

As I predicted, today’s fake Republicans continue to support Trump although he was convicted in his hush money trial on all 34 counts and may face time in prison. How low can these Neo-Nazis go? 

IF YOU LIVE IN A RED STATE AND ARE NOT A SUPPORTER OF FASCISM, WHY NOT MOVE? 

The fact is that if you are a real American and live in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Iowa, South Dakota, or any other red state, thanks to the Electoral College your vote for president is null and void. Women are third-class citizens. Members of the LGBTQ community face hate crimes. Black Americans face death from white supremacist groups. Your libraries are experiencing censorship. And your schools are teaching the right-wing's version of history, not the truth. 

And these are just a few of Constitutional rights which are under attack from Trump and his Klan supported cult. 

TRUMP IS THE POSTER BOY FOR REPEALING THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE 

I have read all the pros and cons about the Electoral College, and the only argument which makes sense is that the people should elect our president, not the states, and every vote should count. 

The truth is that if the people’s choice had been the rule of law, not a single Republican would have defiled our White House since 1993. Common sense and intelligence would have ruled our country for the last 31 years. 

MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE LIVING IN RED STATES 

I was born in one of the reddest states in the Union, Idaho. However, my parents moved to Los Angeles around my 6th birthday. I am very pleased that I grew up in a “blue” state. I witnessed America at its best and worst. I was not brainwashed by the local media, religious leaders, or biased teachers. Simply put, I experienced the truth. 

I lived in Texas and Mississippi while in the USAF. I hated every moment, but especially when the car in which I was riding was shot at because we had a black Airman in our company.  

I now reside in the purple state of Nevada. This has resulted in mixed emotions during elections.  

I live in the northern part of the state which remains red. The southern part of the Silver State is more heavily populated and leans to the left. However, the Electoral College remains a problem.  

I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE CLOSER TO MY DAUGHTER AND MY BEST FRIEND, BUT COULD NOT SURVIVE 

My brother lives in Denver, Colorado. He loves it there, but I could not survive the cold. My best friend lives in Tennessee, but you know what that state is like; not for me. My daughter is in Florida. Although she is very progressive, she manages to survive a governor who is more of a fascist than Trump. I will remain in the west. It makes more sense: common sense. 

I pity real Americans who live in red states, which have become examples of Trump’s plan for our nation’s future, which in his twisted and perverted mind exists in our past.  

The United States is last in a study of developed nations in nearly every category. Most importantly, it is last in “quality of life.” We need only to look at red states and understand why this is a depressing fact. 

Op-ed by James Turnage 

Please tell everyone to follow my blog: “TheWiseOldFart,” because the truth lives here 

My novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle app 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Lindsey Graham has Become a Whiny Little Bitch