America is Totally Messed Up, Surviving on Corruption and Secrecy

 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart 

I can’t help but think, “what would Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, and John Kennedy be thinking today about the worst government in the world?” 

For the first time in my life, I know that all three branches of our government are corrupt, and nothing will change without courage and determination by our nation’s people. However, If I can judge today’s America by the polls, the dream of our Founding Fathers is about to take its last breaths. 

All of our nation’s great leaders would be shocked to know that a man who attempted to overthrow our government was allowed to run for office, and even more so that he had millions of supporters.  

WORSE THAN ANY THIRD-WORLD COUNTRY 

Let’s look at this year’s election honestly, not politically.  

I remember my first presidential election. I turned 21 in 1967, and in 1968 I would be voting for the man who would lead my beloved country for the next four years. It was difficult.  

My choice had been Bobby Kennedy. However, on June 6, 1968, his murder also removed my dream and my first chance to vote for someone I admired.  

My final choice would be between Richard Nixon, and Hubert Humphrey. I knew little about either man, with the exception of what I read. They were good men who loved their country, but their views for our nation’s future were significantly different. 

And so it was until 1980.  

Ronald Reagan made a fool out of me and millions of others. He was an illusion, only revealing himself after his election. I learned a big lesson during his first few months in office. He was a far different man than I had been led to believe. This would not happen again. He was exposed as a religious fanatic, who hating working class Americans, and believed women were second-class citizens. 

I jump ahead to 2016. I knew the real Donald Trump, and was convinced that if he became our president, my country would suffer great harm at the hands of the least qualified man in history. His fealty to Vladimir Putin frightened me.  

Sadly, all my fears were realized as Trump led his cult backwards into the darkest days of our nation’s past. 

America’s biggest traitor is now seeking a return to the White House with one goal in mind: pardon himself for his many felonies. 

No nation in the world other than ours would allow Trump to run for any political office. Because of his attempt to end our democratic government, he would have been executed in about one-half of the world’s countries.  

CAN AMERICA BE SAVED? 

With the most corrupt government in the world of developed nations, I doubt that America is worth saving. Nearly 40 percent of our nation’s people are willing to shred the Constitution, and accept the worst man in the world as their Fuhrer. 

This would not be my country. I was privileged to live in a nation which could become a great country some day for 78 years. With the exception of four years between 2017 and 2021, I maintained hope that our country was on the right path. I fear that path is about to come to a sudden end with the edge of a cliff our only choice other than to move backwards.  

The progress made from 1960 until today will be completely undone if Trump is allowed to defile our White House for a second time. Project 2025 would become the right-wing platform for our nation’s future. Tragedy would be the result. 

Kamala Harris will save the dream: Trump will make America a nightmare, again. 

Op-ed by James Turnage 

Please tell everyone about my blog, and enjoy my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Victims in the Trump Saga

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

Among Documents Stolen by Trump Included Proof that the 2016 Election was Rigged for Trump