I Despise All Law Enforcement in the 21st Century, But Those at the Federal Level Have Become Trump’s Personal Gestapo
Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart
Yes, this old man does not respect or trust law enforcement
by any name in the 21st century. Both our military and law
enforcement are fascist by design and necessity. However, in the 21st
century, they have forgotten their purpose and have surrendered their
integrity, principles, and morals to the Fuhrer defiling our White House.
Criminals, thugs, racists, and bigots: these are the
components of a street gang known as ICE. They have the support of federal law
enforcement agencies to harass, physically assault, and even murder innocent
men and women in service to Donald Trump.
HOW MY LIFE HAS CHANGED
I was raised by my grandparents and one very special uncle.
My mother was a single parent. To care for me and my younger brother, she
worked as many hours as she could every week. Fortunately, we lived near her mother
and father.
I was taught to respect my elders, and every person in
authority. That included the police. After my mother finally divorced my
abusive father, I seldom saw a member of the LAPD in my neighborhood. I no
longer had to keep dimes in my pocket when I needed to call them when my mother
was being physically assaulted.
When I did see them, they were friendly, walking through our
local shopping center. My, how things have changed.
IN THE 21ST CENTURY, LAW ENFORCEMENT IS
FRIGHTENING, NOT FRIENDLY
When I see video of the police in action today in our larger
cities, they are arriving on the scene in armored vehicles, wearing military
attire, and carrying weapons designed to kill other human beings in large numbers
in just seconds.
I watch them as they attempt to disperse American citizens
as they engage in their First Amendment right to peacefully protest against our
government’s illegal and immoral actions or inactions.
I grew up in Los Angeles, graduating high school in 1964. I
attended public school in my junior and senior years. This is when my education
actually began.
Venice High School was as diverse
as our nation. I was now attending classes with several of the young Black men who
were on my baseball team. It was 1962 when I learned about the “two Americas:” one
for Blacks and one for whites. The truth is, I was shocked. This was L.A., not
what I saw in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, or other states located in the
Deep South.
Racism among law enforcement was
the standard in Black communities. I didn’t know if this was a “dirty little
secret,” or if the mainstream media was complicit and refused to tell the
truth. I was ashamed to be a white man at the moment I learned about what was
really happening in my beloved city.
OUR LEADERS IN THE PENTAGON ARE NO
BETTER
When I was in the USAF, I witnessed
prejudice in the barracks and during classes and meetings. Stationed in Texas
and Mississippi, we saw extreme prejudice demonstrated by the good citizens of
those states.
I am ashamed of my country more
often than I can praise it in the 21st century. The deterioration in
the way those in authority treat non-whites, women, and non-Christians is an
embarrassment abd a crime against humanity.
As an octogenarian who has
experienced constant change over the last eight decades, I know that when social
issues are the subject, our nation has failed to evolve. The truth is, over the
last 45 years it has devolved.
A study of 15 developed nations revealed
the sad and damning truth. America is last in healthcare, education, and the
quality of life for everyone.]
Even more upsetting is the fact
that our current government can do no better, and it doesn’t care. Our people
are last on their “to do list.”
Op-ed by James Turnage
Follow my blog and be informed
My 10 novels are available on
Amazon’s free Kindle App
Sources: manhattaninstitute: Community
Policing in the 21st Century: A Framework for Measuring Performance
washingtonpost.com: The Push to
Reform Policing Took Decades, only to Start Again

Comments