Do You Believe in a God?
Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart
At the age of 16, I became another “Catholic Church
dropout.” I had left my Catholic high school because I had many questions but
no answers. As I learned more about how people in less fortunate countries
suffered, while their leaders enjoyed lives of luxury. I had even more
questions when I learned that the poverty rate in my own country was about 21
percent. How could this be true when politicians frequently boasted that
“America is the greatest and richest country in the world?” One-fifth of all
Ameican citizens faced a daily struggle to simply survive.
In 2026, the poverty level is about 11 percent. When added
to the number of men, women, and children considered “low-income,” nearly
one-third of all Americans are not included in “the richest country in the
world.”
The addition of families on the lower side of the middle-income
population, confirms the fact that about one-half of all Americans find it
difficult to maintain an acceptable quality of life. America’s seniors have
been ignored by their government for more than 50 years. The majority of men
and women over the age of 65 face greater difficulties when they are forced to
face inflation, or more accurately “Greedflation.
THERE ARE TWO AMERICAS: WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
In Catholic school, I was clearly brainwashed. Look at the
“eight beatitudes.”
[Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom
of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness:
for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called
children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of
righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.]
I continue to ask this question: where do these people live?
It is definitely not in 21st century America.
I question the existence of any God when I examine life in
today’s United States of America. When I look at other countries whose people
are even more desperate in their struggle to survive, I am convinced.
Most of the world’s people face immense problems constantly.
Missing a single paycheck could result in disaster for the whole family.
989 MEN AND WOMEN AND ONE POLITICAL PARTY CONTROL THE LIVES
OF 340 MILLION PEOPLE
Growing up in America in the latter half of the 20th
century, I had visions of what might happen in the 21st century. My
generation is responsible for nearly everything we take for granted today:
television, communications satellites giving every citizen on the planet
instant contact with anyone, anywhere in the world, computers so fast and so
intelligent, they can make decisions for us, and electric vehicles which
eliminate toxic pollutants. There are many more equally or less impressive
inventions, all of which became a possibility or a reality before the year
2000.
My personal dreams have not become a reality. Income
inequality is a growing problem which challenges most of our nattion’s and the
world’s people every day. Racism and bigotry are escalating and becoming
greater problems today than they were 70 years ago. Although about 400,000 Americans
lost their lives fighting against the spread of fascism in WWII, today’s America is ruled by a Fuhrer and his
989 oligarchs/billionaires. Children continue to go to sleep hungry. Domestic
terrorism is the greatest threat to our nation’s people: there are more mass
shootings each year than days on the calendar. The orange buffoon defiling our
White House, with the assistance of six corrupt Supreme Court Justices, has
virtually repealed the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth, Tenth, and
Fourteenth Amendments. Our illegitimately elected president uses his own,
personal Gestapo, known as ICE, a group of thugs and villains, to terrorize,
physically harm, and even kill innocent Americans attempting to exercise their
First Amendment rights.
The American Nazi Party has moved our nation backwards into
the darkest days of the 20th century.
MAYBE GOD IS DEAD
If there is a God, why is He/She allowing evil to punish
good people? Whey are Trump and his cronies flourishing, while people who
believe in Him/Her are powerless to prevent reductions in their quality of
life?
Maybe the “God” our grandparents chose to worship and serve
is dead, and Lucifer and his army are now in control of the universe.
I do know that something is very wrong. I am no longer
living in the America of my youth, and the word “hope” is no longer in my
vocabulary.
Op-ed by James Turnage
Follow my blog and be an informed citizen
My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

Comments