How Old is Too Old? How About 80?

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

I can personally attest to the fact that getting old is not easy. I became an octogenarian just three weeks after your illegitimate president.  

Until my 77th birthday, I was physically able to do most of the things I enjoyed and those I needed to do to maintain our home. Sometime in my 77th year of life, I began to find walking difficult. One month after my 78th birthday, I fell. This was not new, but this time I was taken to a hospital.

The worst three-and-one-half days in my adult life ended with my being sent home and told that I was cured. Reality set in a few weeks later. I was no better than before I went to the hotel of horrors.

But that’s another story for another time.

I am forced to use a walker or wheelchair all of the time. I cannot stand, or walk without assistance, and the doctors never told me why.

Fortunately, my mental abilities remain intact.

AM I QUALIFIED TO BE AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT?

Growing up in the 1950’s and 1960’s in America was a privilege. My brother and I were raised by a single mother. Of course we were poor, but we didn’t know it. We were happy.

Television was our primary source of entertainment. A local channel broadcast what I assume were every movie John Wayne ever made. His movies about WWII planted the seed of patriotism into two boys before we were teenagers. It was not unusual for a tear to slide down my cheek when I stood before the start of each school day, faced the flag, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. Born in July of 1946, I am an original baby boomer.

I remain a loyal American today, but with one stipulation.

"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

My point is, I am too old to be an American President. If the necessary effort is given, being the leader of 340 million people is the most difficult job in the entire world. I fatigue easily and could not perform the duties of a President and be effective. It’s impossible.

DONALD TRUMP IS OBVIOUSLY SUFFERING FROM CHALLENGES, BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY

After observing Trump for several months, 25 respected psychiatrists signed a letter in 2017 stating that your new president was unfit for office. Their unanimous diagnosis was that Trump suffers from malignant narcissism.

[Malignant Narcissism: Malignant narcissism represents an extreme version of narcissistic personality disorder, blending the self-absorption and grandiosity of NPD with a pronounced sadistic streak, antisocial behavior, and a tendency toward paranoia. Unlike other types of narcissism, malignant narcissists are not just self-centered—they actively seek to manipulate, exploit, and harm others for their own gain or pleasure. This severe form of personality disorder is marked by behaviors such as gaslighting, future faking, and emotional abuse, all designed to maintain control and power over others.]

The fact that he falls asleep during meetings and other events required of his position demonstrates a low level of energy, also necessary to perform his duties.

Along with malignant narcissism, dementia is undoubtedly affecting his thoughts, words, and actions.

Is Trump capable of performing the duties of a president? Hell no. He is the enemy of patriotic Americans and a danger to all of our nation’s people and the world’s.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Follow my blog and be an informed American

My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

Sources: dailybeast.com: Update

reddit.com: Donald Trump is a malignant narcissist. Understanding this is crucial if you want to understand him.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

In the Most Diverse Nation in the World, DEI is the Right Thing to Do

When a Traitor is Chosen to Lead Your Nation