The Darkest of Dark Days in American History
Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart
After the War of 1812, America has been under attack twice
from villains outside the shores of our nation, and twice more by domestic
terrorists.
On Sunday, December 7, 1941, America’s Pacific fleet was
attacked by the Japanese while our naval personnel were waking up to another
glorious day in Hawaii. The following day, President Roosevelt announced
America would be joining our allies in WWII.
On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, the leader of the terrorist
group, Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden executed planned attacks on the World Trade
Center in New York City, the Pentagon, and the White House. Only the courage of
passengers aboard United Airlines flight 93, saved the “people’s home,” from certain
destruction.
On April 12, 1861, our country’s bloodiest war began. The
Civil War was fought between brothers, friends, and neighbors. The
Confederacy was America’s first domestic terrorist organization. When it ended
on April 9, 1865, approximately 700,000 Americans had been killed, and
thousands more injured.
My wife and I were watching television when the words, “Breaking
News,” filled the screen. The sitting, illegitimate President of the United
States, Donald John Trump, stepped onto a makeshift stage and ordered his own
army, led by Neo-Nazis, to march to the Capitol Building and halt the
certification of the 2020 Electoral College vote. Domestic terrorism raised its
ugly head once again.
Three hours later, the violent insurrection/attempted coup,
came to an end. If you did not watch what was undoubtedly the darkest day in
American history, you might believe the spin doctors on Fox News and brainwashed
into thinking that it was just another protest. It was not. This was an act of
treason, planned, organized, and executed by the worst illegitimate president in
American history.
YES, I’M TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT JANUARY 6, AGAIN
I will tell the truth about January 6 over and over again. I
continue to think of that day as a scene from a mediocre, extremely violent
movie.
I have written 10 novels, but the events which occurred on
January 6 were worse than my most frightening nightmare. I could never have
imagined what happened during those three hours. The government of my country was
under siege by its own president and men and women who hate our nation for its
beliefs in liberty and justice for all, seeking regime change and the establishment
of a fascist dictator, a Fuhrer, Donald John Trump.
THE MOST FRIGHTENING REALITY POSSIBLE CAME TRUE
I have two questions, which have never been addressed by our
elected officials or the mainstream media.
First, why did our military choose to sit on their fat asses
and do nothing for three very long hours? Their only purpose is to maintain the
security of our nation from violent attacks. Were they afraid that they might
lose another war?
Second, why was Trump allowed to stumble back into the White
House? I watched him order the attack on men and women who were performing
their Constitutional requirement. In any other nation in the world, the orange
buffoon would have been placed in a holding cell under the control of a law
enforcement agency.
On that day, the darkest day of all, I was convinced that
America is a lawless nation. Only working-class, and poor Americans are punished
for their crimes. The dream is dead.
Op-ed by James Turnage
Follow my blog and be an informed citizen
My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

Comments