Is America Worth Saving?


 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

I am 80 years old; three weeks younger than your illegitimate president. In my experience, not only has America become the most obese nation in the world, it is also the laziest. I’m not sure that the majority of our nation’s people care about their future or the future of their country.

After President George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990, handicapped parking spaces began to appear in public parking lots as quickly as possible.

I praise President Bush for his action and the wisdom of Congress. However, with every good idea comes with it people who abuse the law. Many of the men and women using those spaces were clearly in possession of all of their physical abilities and chose not to walk from spaces farther away from the business they were patronizing.

Unfortunately, I am totally disabled today. I cannot stand or walk without a wheelchair, or in my home, a walker. When I accompany my wife to the grocery store or other business, I do not always go inside, I remain in our truck, depending on my physical condition that day.

We do park in a handicapped space, if one is available, in case I change my mind. Nearly every person I see parking in one of the adjoining spaces is clearly able to walk without assistance and is using the placard received from the DMV because they are too lazy to walk a few feet.

It is also commonplace to see others driving around the lot until they can find a space closer to the entrance.

We are a nation of lazy people.

WHEN THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO BE LAZY

Our right to vote is the most important and powerful guarantee in the Bill of Rights. Sadly, this is when our nation’s people display how lazy our nation has become.

I can attest to the fact that American voters are the least informed in the world. My proof of this allegation can be found in the names of some of our elected officials. Most are not qualified for their positions, and choose to vote in support of their own ambitions and  beliefs while ignoring the needs and wishes of all 340 million Americans. Think about how different our country would be today if every voter took a few minutes to discover who the men and women asking for your votes really are, and if they support your own beliefs. How much better our world would be without a Donald Trump, Moscow Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Jim Jordan, Chuck Grassley, Ron DeSantis, Pete Hegseth, Robert Kennedy Jr., Kash Patel, and many, many others calling themselves “Republicans.”

WHAT MOST VOTERS IGNORE

With the right to vote comes responsibility. To vote for any candidate for the sole reason that they have an “R” or a “D” next to their name is moronic, and displays a level of apathy and ignorance I cannot condone.

To vote based on what you see and hear on television, is just as stupid.

I am an example of what happens when a voter takes the time to make an effort to vet candidates.

 In 2000, I was adamantly opposed to a George W. Bush presidency. He had been an abject failure in the private sector. As the Governor of Texas, his only claim to fame was allowing the execution of more men and women than any other man in history. He had no experience in federal government, and possessed a lower than average intellect.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton was the most qualified presidential candidate in history. Trump was the least qualified.

Taking the time to learn about their history made it clear that Trump would cause enormous harm to our nation. He was worse than I had imagined.

Hillary’s past was filled with public service and efforts to work for our nation’s people.

Trump was a failed and crooked businessman, a sexual predator, an opportunist, and a close friend of our nation’s biggest enemy, Vladimir Putin. He was and is a narcissist who is only interested in himself and would not and has not worked for the American people. He should not be allowed to wear the title of an “American President,” because his loyalty is not to the country of his birth, but to anyone who will bow to his wishes and demands.

I knew these facts: did you? If the answer is “no,” why not?

Op-ed by James Turnage

Follow my blog and be an informed American

My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

In the Most Diverse Nation in the World, DEI is the Right Thing to Do

When a Traitor is Chosen to Lead Your Nation