Haley’s Out, but She Continues to Win Votes

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

Nebraska held its primary elections on Tuesday. There were no big surprises; Trump and Biden won as expected. However, one result which interested me appears to be a trend for the GOP.

Last week, in Indiana, Trump won the majority, but Nikki Haley received 21.7 percent of the vote, although she suspended her campaign weeks ago.

Tuesday, with most of the votes counted, Haley had received 18 percent of votes from Nebraska Republicans. She remains in the public eye although she hasn’t made a campaign speech for a long time.

It is no longer an assumption: thousands of Republican voters are defecting from Trump’s cult. Is there hope for an end to the boring and destructive appearances by the worst illegitimate president in history? I freaking hope so.

HALEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED, BUT SHE IS THE BEST THE RIGHT-WING HAS TO OFFER: BY FAR

I have been asking myself a question for months. I’m not sure what the answer is because this “Republican Party” is without rules, morals, and considers itself above the law.

What will happen when the Republican National Convention takes place on July 15th, and Trump is unable to attend because he is in a federal prison, or he has a mental or physical breakdown? Who would these incompetent men and women nominate? Is there a succession in place? Could Nikki Haley lose every primary but win the nomination?

THE SUPREME COURT COMPLETES THE TRIFECTA: IT IS NOW AS CORRUPT AS EVERYONE ELSE IN WASHINGTON

These are realistic possibilities. I do know one thing: what should have happened did not. The Supreme Court refused to honor the 14th Amendment and allow states to remove Trump’s name from the ballot. There is no doubt that he is guilty of planning and executing an insurrection.

Although this biased and corrupt Court failed to perform the jobs for which they were confirmed, I know that Trump is guilty of treason: I watched him in action. I know that he violated the Espionage Act: I watched the raid on Mar-a-Lago when the FBI found boxes of national secrets. He previously lied to the FBI, claiming he returned all of them, and that in itself is a violation of federal law. However, he is clearly above the law, according to six of the nine justices. America’s Justice Department is the most corrupt in the world. America is broken.

A final note: I miss the Grand Old Party. As an Independent, my choices have become limited.

Op-ed by James Turnage

Please tell everyone about my blog: “TheWiseOldFart,” because the truth lives here

Find my novels on Amazon’s free Kindle app

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/05/14/trump-wins-gop-nebraska-primary-election-haley-gets-votes/73673502007/

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want You to Think About the Reasons for, and the Reality of Domestic Terrorism

One Very Serious and Critical Question: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Why my Wife Wants to Move to Canada