If You Fear Cops, Have Doubts About America’s Justice System, and Feel Helpless, You Are Not Alone

 

Op-ed by TheWiseOldFart

A fact and a serious problem rarely discussed in America is our nation’s entire justice system. At best, a grade of C- is appropriate.  Some of these problems did not exist 70-80 years ago. However, when politics gets involved, the worst always happens. This is America in the 21st century.

WHAT AN ORIGINAL BABY BOOMER EXPERIENCED

I am an original baby boomer, born in the summer of 1946. Although I was born in Idaho, my home, the place where I was raised, was in West Los Angeles, California.

Where I grew up, most of the people living around me were white. I think my youth like the cover on the Saturday Evening Post. Each issue had a print of a Norman Rockwell painting displaying the most pleasant situations and occasions in our nation’s history. The one which made the greatest impression on me was a single policeman, in his blue uniform, handing an ice cream cone to a boy. I believed this was an accurate depiction of the relationship between law enforcement and the people they swore to “serve and protect.” That all changed when I Was 16 years old.

THE HIDDEN TRUTH ABOUT AMERICA’S HISTORY

At my mother’s insistence, I attended a Catholic high school for two years. When I received my class schedule for my junior year, I was extremely upset. None of the classes I wanted were not on the list. I would be forced to attend classes involved in subjects which I disliked and were of no interest to me.  After a serious discussion, my mother allowed me to leave the parochial school system and attend a public high school for my junior year. Little did I know that my education had just begun.

To this day, I am opposed to private schools. True education is limited by institutions which eliminate the diversity which is our nation’s greatest treasure. Not until my 16th year did I know the seriousness of prejudice in my country.

THREE AMERICAS

America has always been a democracy, but elements of socialism and fascism are also ingrained in our society. Unemployment insurance, SNAP, and Medicaid are necessary and socialism. All law enforcement and military organizations are fascist and could not exist if their day to day operations if governed by the ideals of democracy.

Because all law enforcement agencies are fascist, they have powers not available to the average citizen. When these powers are abused, a separation between the people and those whose primary purpose is to protect us is inevitable.

The American people are seldom “united.” The primary reasons are obvious. We are a divided nation. There is “white” America, “black” America, and an America divided by income inequality.

Like law enforcement and the courts, politicians in Washington have power over the people in the 21st century. This was not the intent of our Founding Fathers. Our system, called a Democratic Republic, was created with the intention of insuring that the people were part of the system. All three branches of our government exist for one reason: to serve and protect the needs and wishes of the majority, not to rule over them. It seems like those times existed a long time ago.

10 YEARS OF TYRANNY AND FASCISM

Once again, the truth no one else will tell you. The former Republican Party began its demise and embraced the beginnings of fascism in 1981, 45 years ago. When Ronald Reagan became our country’s 40th president, he began to reveal himself. His campaign promises were nothing but lies.

Reagan began his presidency with a rule requiring every Republican politician take an oath swearing that he or she would offer absolute loyalty to their party’s leader. There would be no dissent, no suggestions, and no deliberation and compromise with Democrats. On that day, our Democratic Republic was dissolved. A hierarchy had been established, and the primary aspect of a fascist regime.

Trump has completed Reagan’s plan in just 10 years.

FROM THE “FRIENDLY BEAT COP” TO THE AMERICAN GESTAPO

I trust no one who has power over my life. This includes law enforcement. I no longer feel comfortable in their presence; I feel intimidated.

My Black friends in high school informed me of the differences between the treatment they received from law enforcement compared to my own. Every black child receives instructions regarding how they must act in the presence of “cops” before their first day of school. Today, I am able to better understand how they felt, and why the Black community refuses to trust and respect anyone with a badge.

This situation grew ran the late 20th century when the “boys in blue” disappeared and were replaced by men and women dressed in military-style uniforms, driving military vehicles, and using military tactics to control peaceful protests. And yet the slogan “to protect and serve” remained on their cars.

With this information, we can better understand why the military and law enforcement agencies support the leader of the American Nazi Party, Donald John Trump. The orange buffoon has a personal Gestapo calling themselves ICE. They are more likely to discharge their weapons when innocent citizens are involved than legitimate and trained officers.

OUR ENTIRE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS PREJUDICED

When law enforcement officers arrest an individual, they are likely charged and forced to appear before a judge in a court of law. Our “cops” may be corrupt, but compared to our court system, they are angelic.

The United States of America incarcerates 25 percent of all men and women serving time in penal institutions. However, our entire population is less than 5 percent of the world’s nearly 8.3 billion people. America’s recidivism rate is also the highest at nearly 68 percent. Our country punishes its imprisoned population instead of rehabilitating them. Black Americans compose abut 13 percent of the population, and about 38 percent of all prisoners in our jails and prisons. The average income before imprisonment was about $19,985, well under the poverty level. However, Republican politicians continue to deny the fact the poverty and crime have a clear relationship.

If you are in the low-income or poverty levels of our society, it is highly likely that you will receive the maximum punishment for your crime. However, the rich and powerful rarely pay for their crimes and receive a minimum sentence or none at all.

Think I’m wrong? Trump committed treason on January 6, 2021. I watched all three hours of the darkest day in American history. On January 20, 2021, your former president violated the Espionage Act He will never be punished for the most egregious crimes possible in America.

A nation without laws cannot survive. How much longer will America exist?

Op-ed by James Turnage

Follow my blog and be and informed American

My 10 novels are available on Amazon’s free Kindle App

Sources: Britannica.com: Extreme Nationalism

pbs.org: How Trump's rhetoric compares to historic fascist language
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aileen Cannon: A Corrupt Judge Appointed by a Lifelong Criminal

In the Most Diverse Nation in the World, DEI is the Right Thing to Do

When a Traitor is Chosen to Lead Your Nation